Vehicle Bookings -- Help
Quick Index: | View Bookings
| Add Bookings
| Delete Bookings
| General Index |
This system will accept bookings for vehicles
managed by the Georges Crew.
These vehicles have been purchased from
external funds provided to support research and are available on the following basis:
Research activity takes priority over teaching activity, subject to negotiation.
- Bookings by the members of the Georges crew
take priority over other bookings, subject to negotiation.
- Long distance travel takes precedence over local travel. Local travel
as within the Canberra region or travel away from campus for less than 24 hours.
expected that this policy will be implemented flexibly, and re-arrangment
of local travel is the joint responsibility of both the person wishing to displace any
booking and the person wishing to travel locally.
- Costs for use of the vehicle are partially recovered by journal transfer, with costs transferred
against the user's grant. The rate is currently 0.85c per km, and users are strongly encouraged to use this value
as the basis of costing their budgets in grant proposals. Actual charging
is flexible, depending upon ability to pay.
- The vehicles are available only to the people
listed on the booking screen. Do not book on behalf of people not listed under any circumstances.
who wish to book the vehicles may do
so on a case by case basis, by contacting Arthur Georges (ext
5786 or 0418866741 or email@example.com).
- The vehicles are not normally available to persons outside the Institute for Applied Ecology.
- In the event of an accident, it is the driver's responsibility to ensure that insurance claims are submitted, the repairs are effected
and the insurance claims are recieved. The IAE staff can assist with this. Any shortfall in the costs of repairs will be charged to the
drivers cost centre. The user's
grant will be required to meet the costs of all damage not
covered by the universities insurers, for whatever reason.
To make a booking
Most of the information requested by the forms is self-evident,
with the exception of:
- Driver ID.: Use your staff or student ID or phone number. Something you can remenber. If you leave this field blank, anyone can delete your bookings.
- Password: To make a booking, you must furnish a password
which is available from Arthur Georges.